Monday, November 13, 2006

Congressional switch!

I feel haappppppppy!

Who knew an election could make me feel so great!

Before Nov 7th I would read the NY times or npr and get pissed. It was always depressing. Now it's still not my happiest moment of the day (that's still hugging my honey bunny), but i get a lil hope each time. There's usually an article or clip about the new agenda for the next session, and i start thinking of the possibilities.

I know that not everything I like is gonna pass, but it feels better to at least see funding for research in clean energy on the agenda... soooo gooooooood....

I'm still not sure if i'll work in politics when i get back, but it's always the biggest possibility, i dunno, when i start feeling motivated it just takes me by surprise. One thing I've learned since being overseas is that doing international stuff is much more complicated than national stuff. cuz national issues you can actually be sure that most of the information is accurate, but international solidarity is usually really skewed. Mario's taught me a few things, for sure. So i think i'll stick to fixing the yunais (unites)!

At least for now, I'm over hear seeing the changes from afar and putting my hopes on positive changes in the future, mostly hoping that our culture can overcome the sad trend i've heard of towards closed-mindedness and xenophobia...

No comments: