Thursday, May 17, 2007

Copenhagen, Denmark












My 17th country!


We passed thru Germany on the bus between Holland and Denmark... So Holland was 15, Germany 16 and Denmark 17





We just passed thru Denmark on the way to Sweden, we got there on the Euroline bus at 6 am and left on the afternoon train to Lund, Sweden.
In those few hours I fell in love with Copenhagen! It was the first place I saw the red brick buildings with green metal roofs. I really loved the one with the spiral steeple! When we got out of the train station there was a tourist info center with maps that had a lil walking tour mapped out for you. So we just followed it to see all these beautiful things. Along the way there were guards with big hats, chinese tourists, and alot of joggers.
In the big city park, there is this mermaid which is famous for the stories based on it. In the same park we found this windmill, it's the most intact and picturesque one we've seen. Such vivid colors! The sky was beautifully blue, and by the time we were on our way back to the station it was midday on a saturday and everyone and their baby was out shopping or eating in cafes... there were so many baby strollers... they were so cute. We saw some street mimes, and even some people dressed up like native americans playing flutes and other wind instruments... i am not sure how authentic they were but they did a good act at least.
Altho we weren't there too long, I was very impressed with Copenhagen.

2 comments:

J in NY said...

Hey Amy and Mario!
Oh! It's really excited! You had been to these country, that's really wonderful~ I hope I can do the same one day!!!!
The BEST WISHES 4 U 2 !~

DM na Europa said...

where are you now?